There has been a rumour that Warren Mailley-Smith is recording the complete works of Chopin since his epic series of the complete works at St Johns Smith Square in 2016. These rumours are indeed true!
Since 2017 Warren has recorded has recorded music for over 8 CDs of Chopins complete works at Potton Hall in Suffolk on the Steinway Model D Grand piano. So far, no one has heard a note of these recordings except for sound engineer, Adaq Khan.
This project could not have got so far without the amazing help of Peter and Judy Moorehouse, Potton Hall, Adaq Khan, Andrew Quartermain and Michael Ponder. Nor, without the vision of Peter Feuchtwanger or support of Susie Parkes.
Recorded but still unreleased so far, are:
- CD 1 The complete Nocturnes Vol 1
- CD 2 The complete Nocturnes Vol 2
- CD 3 The complete Waltzes
- CD 4 The 4 Ballades and F minor Fantasy
- CD 5 The 4 Impromptus, Barcarolle & Berceuse & Bolero
- CD 6 Polonaises Vol 1
- CD 7 Mazurkas. vol 1
- CD 8 The Concert Allegro, Souvenirs de Paganini, Three Ecossaises, Tarantella, Variations & miscellaneous works.
Plus: 3 out of 4 Scherzos 2 out of 4 Rondos
Keeping a lid on this mass of work for so long has been the biggest challenge of all!
Still to go are:
- The Etudes
- The Preludes
- The Sonatas
- And the remaining Mazurkas and Polonaises.